Unconscious Bias - Training for Leaders and Managers
A half day session help line managers to understand how unconscious bias can subtly work against their best intentions. We believe that this course is best run in-house for your teams. We are happy to include your organisation's information and statistics on this course if we deliver in-house. We also include an 'action planning' session to ensure that you have a way to move forward with your activities around UB and diversity at the end of the training session.
Who Should Attend
Individuals within the organisation who have responsibility for recruitment and remuneration, for assessing staff performance and for staff promotions. All managers and team leaders should understand how their own implicit biases will colour the way that they recruit and assess employees. We believe that it is important for leaders to understand the business benefits of diverse teams and include this in the training. If you are looking for executive or board level training, please see the menu on the left-hand side of this page.
This course is suitable for HR teams, Management Teams and team leaders. For those who need to:
- Understand the implications of unconscious bias for a workplace
- Explore their own biases
- Explore methods to understand the bias that is happening in their own organisation
- Make changes to their organisation to enhance the diversity of the pipeline for succession planning
We normally suggest group size should be no more than 14 to maximise time for discussion and exploration of attitudes.
Delegates will be challenged to understand their own biases, will be enlightened about the consequences of naturally held biases, and will be encouraged to use techniques to recognise and counter biases in the workplace and in everyday life.
- Review of ED&I perspectives and legislation
- Defining Unconscious Bias and Concepts
- Understanding how biases are formed
- Connecting with the impact of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Examining the impact of implicit biases across all managed staff
- Discovering possibilities for change within the team
- Implementing change within your organisation
Due to the content and audience, this course is better run as an in-house course. Our recommended number of delegates is 14 within a training session to allow time to discuss and explore the concepts fully. We do occasionaly schedule open courses. Please call for details. 01484 613724